Dairy Cattle Evaluation Clinics
These schools are organized in every region each summer with the purpose of educating breeders, 4-H'ers and all individuals interested in learning more about judging techniques, proper conformation, showmanship and breed trends.
East-Central Ontario - May 18th at Quality Holsteins, Vaughan
West-Central & Western Ontario - May 11th at Hanalee Holsteins, Embro
Eastern Ontario - July 10th at Metcalfe Fairgrounds
Evalution Clinics Start Registration at 9:00 AM with the first class to be judged promptly at 10:00. 3 Classes will be judged before lunch, 3 will be judged after the lunch break. Adjournment is generally around 3:00 PM.
ONTARIO JUDGES' LIST
2013 Official & Aspiring ON Judges Updated
How to become a Canadian Judge - briefly
In Canada, we have a national judging program that is recognized world wide for its high standards and consistency. Canadian judges receive years of training and advance through a well-organized structure, beginning with their attendance at open conferences such as those listed above. After having obtained a minimum of three positive scores out of five open conferences, participants may be invited to attend an official school.
At this stage, judges may attain Aspiring Status whereby they indicate a serious intent to become an official judge, attain positive scores in three out of five Official schools, attend an optional personal interview, are able to deliver good reasons for their class placings and are prepared to judge showmanship classes.
To obtain Official Status, Aspiring Judges must make an application for their advancement, attain positive scores in three out of five Official Schools attended (after becoming an Aspiring Judge) and obtain practical experience by judging some shows (conformation and showmanship).
Why Offer a Canadian Judging Program?(From Leading the World in Excellence - Holstein Canada's Judging Program) (From Leading the World in Excellence - Holstein Canada's Judging Program)
- Trained judges select animals reflecting the Canadian breeding philosophy - profitable, functional cows displaying good type traits.
- Holstein Canada's image is maintained through excellent judging performance.
- Export sales for commercial animals are prompted by show cattle. Judging is a venue by which breeders can market Canadian cattle.
- The credibility and good image for Holstein Canada and its members are fostered through its judges around the world.
- Education for judges in current breeding trends comes from the uniformity of judging schools.
- Youth development in judging skills depends on experts to provide training.
For copies of Holstein Canada's Judging Program - Leading the World in Excellence booklet, please contact the Ontario Holstein Branch office.